- Research Fellow
- [email protected]
Jon Lewis is a Research Fellow at the Program on Extremism, where he studies the effects of leadership decapitation on terrorist organizations and the activities of the Islamic State in Europe and the United States. Before joining the Program on Extremism, he worked as a research assistant at the International Institute for Counterterrorism (ICT) and the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point (CTC), where he co-authored a report on Islamic State-linked attacks and plots in Belgium. Jon Lewis holds a Masters in Homeland Security Policy from Rider University.
- "Our laws have a problem calling domestic terrorism what it is" The Hill, February 6, 2020.
- "When Pain is Thicker Than Blood: Surviving Scourge and Purifying the Ranks" Foreign Policy Research Institute, September 26, 2019.
- "How to act against domestic terrorists — and their foreign supporters" The Hill, September 15, 2019.
- "It's Not Only Iraq and Syria," Lawfare, August 23, 2019.
- Beyond the Caliphate: Islamic State Activity Outside the Group’s Defined Wilayat – Belgium. Combating Terrorism Center, February 22, 2018.