May 2022 Snapshot
The number of individuals charged in the United States on offenses related to the Islamic State stands at 238. According to our latest analysis of the cases:
- The average age of charged individuals was 28.
- Arrests occurred in 33 states and the District of Columbia.
- The average prison sentence was 13.1 years.
- 40% were accused of traveling or attempting to travel abroad.
- 29% were accused of plotting domestic terror attacks.
- 57% were arrested in an operation involving an informant and/or an undercover agent.
- 190 individuals have pleaded or were found guilty.