October 2017 Snapshot
The number of individuals charged in the United States on offenses related to the Islamic State stands at 144. According to our latest analysis of the cases:
- The average age of charged individuals was 28.
- Arrests occurred in 28 states and the District of Columbia.
- The average prison sentence was 13.7 years.
- 42% were accused of traveling or attempting to travel abroad.
- 31% were accused of plotting domestic terror attacks.
- 58% were arrested in an operation involving an informant and/or an undercover agent.
- 86 individuals have pleaded or were found guilty.