August 2017 Snapshot
The number of individuals charged in the United States on offenses related to the Islamic State stands at 133. According to our latest analysis of the cases:
- The average age of charged individuals was 28.
- Arrests occurred in 28 states and the District of Columbia.
- The average prison sentence was 14.2 years.
- 45% were accused of traveling or attempting to travel abroad.
- 29% were accused of plotting domestic terror attacks.
- 59% were arrested in an operation involving an informant and/or an undercover agent.
- 79 individuals have pleaded or were found guilty.