January 2020 Snapshot
The number of individuals charged in the United States on offenses related to the Islamic State stands at 204. According to our latest analysis of the cases:
- The average age of charged individuals was 28.
- Arrests occurred in 29 states and the District of Columbia.
- The average prison sentence was 13.6 years.
- 39% were accused of traveling or attempting to travel abroad.
- 31% were accused of plotting domestic terror attacks.
- 58% were arrested in an operation involving an informant and/or an undercover agent.
- 149 individuals have pleaded or were found guilty.